From 1 April 2012, credit reporting rules in New Zealand have changed. Under the new rules, GE Money may provide credit reporting agencies with comprehensive information about our customers’ accounts such as:
• type of credit account e.g. credit card;
• amount of credit extended (but not current balance);
• status of account e.g. open (including account open date);
• details of credit provider i.e. the lender who provided the credit; and
• monthly reporting of repayment history e.g. whether an account was paid on time, etc.
For further information on comprehensive credit reporting, please see the following website www.privacy.org.nz.